I have a bottle of extra strength grape next to me. I'll enjoy that when I'm done with this entry, as I feel I'm heading back into depressionville. Too bad my shitty psychiatrist doesn't help me or listen to me.
I don't know what the plan for Halloween will be. I'd like to think I could still host a party and travel to Salem, but that is up in the air and dependent upon my job. And Emily's job(s). Whatever job I have, I hope I can take off of work - I'll lose my mind if I can't. No. Best not even think about that. Positive thoughts. Be adaptable.
But this isn't why you, the non-existent fan base, came here. You want the Halloween goods. Okay. Since I'm pinching pennies and drawing my belt tight, I'm going to have to be creative with these run downs.
Rite Aid Isle o Dastardly Dismality!
Who doesn't know Halloween is October 31st? Letting us know it's a Friday is helpful, but that also limits the reuse of that wonderful jack-o-squidling display. Talk about temp job. That poor guy is good until November 1st then, all because of the word "friday" he's unusable. Well, unusable for many years. Maybe the shop keeper will store him somewhere, cover him in a clean sheet of plastic to keep the dust off and - no, he's trash. Doomed little doomling.
There's a lot going on in that picture. First, way off in the back, you see "ABCs". The school year is in full swing. Do poor kids need to be reminded of their indenture-hood when being dragged into this store?
Let's examine this scene. The first thing that pops into the eye at the far end of the isle is the skeleton face. That's because, this is science now, we humans are programmed to not only see anthropomorphic shapes and visages (think Jesus toast), but we especially focus on anything evil. That's because evil is rad and we humans all like rad stuff. Grim reaper is hanging beside some pumpkin bags, under a lantern, and what looks like little figurines of some kind. I see some fun, tacky black cat lawn ornaments and ... is that lighter fluid! Talk about evil, this is a hell of a Halloween display.
Moving further down the isle, on the bottom shelf we see single skulls and a fat purple spider. Then the costumes. This isle features an island theme for costumes replete with umbrellas for those trick or treaters who really want to go all out. Perhaps this store marked the umbrellas down 75% because they recognized it will be unwieldy to carry an umbrella *and* a pumpkin trick or treat bag.
And closing out the isle is some autumn crap. It's 50% off, but it shouldn't have been made. Autumn is for boring people who don't want to commit to Halloween. Get these un-jack-o-lantern'd pumpkins off my isles. Happy little girl with sunflowers, no, cover her in spiders. The burlap bouquet of dead leaves needs the hand of a corpse crawling up out or several bloated green maggoty slug things. Scarecrow can stay. He could use some tweaking, but not everything needs to be evil to be rad. Happy fall my ass. Look at that stupid uncut pumpkin. She's so embarrassed.
This isle may not look like much to you, but I could entertain dozens of people with the contents of this shelf. M&Ms. Toss them at the guests while I set up the horror show. With open space as a stage I'd introduce guests to an evening of the odd and unusual. A spectacle to the eyes and the mind.
"What you will see tonight will burn itself into your soul. THIS evening will be among the moments of your life that FLASH before your eyes when you die."
A grumbly growl is heard from behind a closed door. Now scraping is heard behind the door. Combining the tattered robes and most of the make up, I'd have mushed together a caked mess onto someone's face. They would be the first freak to be presented.
"Behold! The Ghoul!"
The ghoul would shamble out, being sure to drag her arms on the ground, head twisted at an angle, eyes rolling wild. Maybe the ghoul is shaking and slobbering.
"This denizen of despair cannot rest. She cannot rest alone. Shall anyone keep her company?"
The ghoul will walk about for a bit until she finds someone who can fit into the skinned grimacing face mask. Together, they would slink into the back. I would encourage the victim "not to scream", insisting they not scream until they played along.
"Have you ever seen a living corpse before? A real living corpse? Of course not! What could top a living corpse? How about living dolls?"
Out of the back would come two people with the venetian masks on. They would take stuttered, deliberate robot like steps. But they would move slow. They would watch each other and try to move in unison as well. Across the room they would move, until they stood beside me.
"These are the two of the Triplian Dolls. They are looking for parts to make their third twin. I wonder if anyone here has parts they can spare?"
Again, the dolls will walk about. They would take someone back depending on the number of guests.
"My last ghastly sight only emerges on full moons in the valley and at parties like this. Prepare yourselves for the Valley Wolf."
You see where I'm going with that one. The wolf comes out with the neon gloves, hair extensions, and hams it up. At the end the cast comes out, everybody munches on M&Ms, and a good time is had by all.
I must get this 5 hour energy down my throat and Unity in my mind. I hope this coming week is better than last.
I lost a great Aunt this morning. Aunt Emma. She was 97. Passed away in the morning. 97 years old. She was the sister to my mom-mom, who passed away some 15 years ago. It seems like forever ago. I adored Mom-mom - Anna DeDiminico. Anyway, it's a poor tribute, but I dedicate this silly blog post to my Aunt Emma. I dedicate the bright blue sky, the cool, pleasant wind, the joy in my heart, all the laughter I hear, to her.
Sleep well, Aunt Emma.




No comments:
Post a Comment